Sensitive, Static Safe Starter for Shocktube
Overview and features
- Recommended for the effective initiation of Shocktube using the C-type connector block supplied.
- Aluminum shell with a primary explosive compound, incorporating an electro-pyrotechnic ignition element and two conducting wires sheathed in a plastic semi-conductor.
- Manufactured using RDX base charge to make it 2.5 times less sensitive to impact when compared to traditional PETN detonators.
- Lead wires are easy to deploy and handle. Lead wire insulation is stripped on ends for quick connection.
- Low cost, yet reliable and predictable initiation of blasts.
- Excellent water resistance.
Handling and Storage
- Handle with care. Damage to the wires could lead to misfires. Never pull the lead wires of the assemblies.
- Never carry assemblies by holding onto the MaxStarter.
- Always keep MaxStarters pointing away from you.
- No eating, drinking or smoking in areas of storage and use.
- Store MaxStarters and explosives seperately. Storage areas should have appropriate fire protection and ventilation systems.
- Severe impact on the MaxStarter can result in an explosion.
- Avoid all possible sources of ignition (friction, impact, static, heat and direct sunlight) and keep away from incompatible materials and heat sources. Temperatures above 90OC may result in spontaneous explosion.
- Snap onto Shocktube using supplied C-block.
- Never connect the blast until all the charging operations have been completed.
- Follow safe blasting practice as per MHSA 2015 Explosives Regulation Chapter4.
For full specifications and more information, please download the datasheet for this product.