- The non-explosive Shockstart® is used to initiate Shocktube using a conventional capacitor discharge Shot Exploder giving an output of >3J and >300A short circuit current.
- Designed for reliable single use the Shockstart® eliminates the uncertainty in firing Shocktube.
- The Shockstart® contains no explosives.
- No licences required.
- Cannot be fired by cap lamp or battery.
- No RF precautions required.
- No special storage is required.
- A neatly cut Shocktube is inserted into the Shockstart® (see picture). The Shockstart® wires are connected to the Shot Exploder output terminals.
- The Shot Exploder is operated in a normal way. Standard blasting safety precautions must be adhered to.
- The Shockstart® is intended for single use only. Although subsequent firings are sometimes possible these cannot be relied upon.
- As the Shockstart® contains no explosives, no special handling or transport precautions are necessary.
- However, when used in conjunction with explosives all normal safety precautions must be observed.
- Caution: If Shocktube is not inserted the Shockstart® may emit a flame and small particles especially when fired with a powerful Shot Exploder.
- Do not extend the lead wires; they are to be connected directly to the Shot Exploder.
For full specifications and more information, please download the datasheet for this product.