Overview and features
The instrument is designed for testing a single Magnastart® initiator and registers the resistance of the Magnastart® initiator on a large liquid crystal display, which is easily read in both daylight and poor lighting underground.
- To test a Magnastart® thread a short (<15cm) loop wire through a Magnastart® and connect to the MT-02 terminals. Press the POWER button and allow 2s for reading to settle.
- A correctly assembled Magnastart® should measure between 0.7 to 1.7Ω.
- To self test the MT-02 unit the POWER button is pressed after 2s the LCD will display a reading of 2±0.2Ω.
- The unit is powered by a replaceable PP3 9V Zinc Carbon battery and is capable of 200 hours of continuous use.
Notice and Maintenance
- All service work to be performed by authorized AEC Electronics personnel only.
- Not approved for use in fiery mines.
- Tester should only be opened to replace PP3 9V Zinc Carbon battery.
- Exposure to temperatures above 60OC will cause permanent damage to the liquid crystal display
For full specifications and more information, please download the datasheet for this product.