Overview and features
- The Earth Leakage Tester measures the insulation resistance between electrical blasting circuits and earth on a large liquid crystal display, which is easily read in both daylight and poor lighting underground.
- It utilizes alternating current to prevent the false readings inherent in DC measuring instruments, due to polarization effects.
- Certificates of approval: GME no. CT5.
- The use of such an instrument is recommended for blasts involving a number of electric detonators.
- SABS approved and safe for testing electric initiators at the work face. Permission to do so must be obtained from the DMR and all MHSA regulations must be adhered to.
- The unit is powered by a replaceable PP3 9V Zinc Carbon battery and is capable of 80 hours of continuous use.
Notice and Maintenance
- All service work to be performed by authorized AEC Electronics personnel only.
- Approved for use in fiery mines.
- Tester should only be opened to replace PP3 9V Zinc Carbon battery.
- Exposure to temperatures above 60OC will cause permanent damage to the liquid crystal display
For full specifications and more information, please download the datasheet for this product.