Overview and features
This Energy Meter is designed for measuring the energy output of Magnastart® type Shot Exploders on a large liquid crystal display, which is easily read in both daylight and poor lighting underground.
- When the Energy Meter is switched ON, it will automatically reset to zero. The Magnastart® Exploder is then connected in series to its maximum load and to the EMM-1 by means of a Magnastart® toroid; the primary circuit being looped once through the toroid with the secondary loop directly connected to the EMM-1.
- The LCD will display the energy output of the Magnastart® Exploder under maximum load conditions in milli-Joules per Ohm (mJ/Ω).
- Should the energy output be below that specified by the manufacturer, the Magnastart® Exploder must be returned to the manufacturer for repair.
- The unit is powered by a replaceable PP3 9V Zinc Carbon battery and is capable of 15 hours of continuous use.
Notice and Maintenance
- All service work to be performed by authorized AEC Electronics personnel only.
- Not approved for use in fiery mines.
- Energy Meter should only be opened to replace PP3 9V Zinc Carbon Battery.
- Exposure to temperatures above 60OC will cause permanent damage to the liquid crystal display
For full specifications and more information, please download the datasheet for this product.