Overview and features
These units are designed for measuring the energy output of capacitor discharge type Shot Exploders and Boosters. Two versions of this meter are available, a hand held unit powered by a replaceable battery (EM-3) and a wall mounted unit powered by 220VAC mains supply (EM-2).
- The Energy Meter is switched ON and it will automatically reset to zero. The Shot Exploder or Booster is then connected directly to the Energy Meter by means of standard blasting cable and fired. The LCD of the Energy Meter will display the energy output of the unit it is connected to. Should the energy output be below that specified by the manufacturer the Shot Exploder or Booster must be returned to the manufacturer for repair.
- The EM-3 is powered by a replaceable PP3 9V Zinc Carbon battery and is capable of 15 hours of continuous use.
Notice and Maintenance
- All service work to be performed by authorized AEC Electronics personnel only.
- Not approved for use in fiery mines.
- Energy Meter EM-3 should only be opened to replace PP3 9V Zinc Carbon Battery.
- Exposure to temperatures above 60OC will cause permanent damage to the liquid crystal display.
For full specifications and more information, please download the datasheet for this product.