Overview and features
- The unit has been specifically designed for Centralized Blasting and is remotely controlled from Control Unit Models BCU-2 or CBC02, typically installed on surface.
- It provides relizble firing of up to 12 Type 0 (standard IED or ShurstartTM) or up to 2 Type 1 (Shocktube or Statsafe®) electric initiators in parallel via 3Ω (350m, 4mm2 ) firing cable.
- The unit is supplied in a sealed, lockable enclosure with a polycarbonate insert to allow full view of the unit and includes two glands for the supply cables and a pair of spring-loaded terminals for the connection of the blasting cables.
- Can be individually isolated from the supply cable network. Includes monitoring of supply line status.
- When used in conjunction with the Control Unit Model CBC-2, it provides the most continuous monitoring of the supply cables for open/short circuit faults.
- Owing to the extremely low supply current requirements only light feed cables (1.5mm2 ) interlinking all Boosters at each level are required.
- It employs a firing capacitor, trickle charged from the Control Unit and delivers constant firing energy once the firing capacitor attains a full charge.
Notice and Maintenance
All service work must be performed by authorized AEC Electronics personnel only.
For full specifications and more information, please download the datasheet for this product.