Overview and features
This unit directly fires Shocktube when inserted into the Shocktube adapter and the correct firing procedure is followed.
- Attach the Shocktube adapter to the Initiator and place freshly cut Shocktube into the adapter.
- Turn and hold the FIRE key switch. The Initiator will fire within 1-4s.
- The unit is powered by a replaceable PP3 9V Alkaline battery and should be replaced if the fire time exceeds 4s.
- After 30-50 firings the Shocktube adapter may no longer be able to fire Shocktube. The Shocktube adapter copper electrodes must then be trimmed by 3-4mm.
- The STI-2 is capable of firing approximately 350 firings before the Shocktube adapter needs replacement.
Notice and Maintenance
- All service work must be performed by authorized AEC Electronics personnel only.
- Not approved for use in fiery mines.
- Exploder should only be opened to replace PP3 9V Alkaline battery
For full specifications and more information, please download the datasheet for this product.