Overview and features
- The STI-3 consists of a hand held transmitter and a radio controlled initiator, both operating in the frequency range of 433MHz – 434.79MHz over the range of 1000m (line of sight).
- Each transmitter/receiver pair is individually coded by the manufacturer using key to key code encryption to ensure security of the system and preventing false triggering in case of more than one set being used in close proximity.
- This unit can directly fire Shocktube when inserted into the Shocktube adapter and the correct firing procedure is followed.
- Ensure initiation area is cleared of all personnel.
- Arm the initiator by turning the key switch to ON.
- After turning the key switch on, the unit will not be able to blast for 5 minutes as a safety precaution.
- Connect blasting circuit to initiator.
- When at a point of safety, press the FIRE button while POWER switch is operated to fire.
- The STATUS light will double flash when the battery is low.
Notice and Maintenance
- All service work must be performed by authorized AEC Electronics personnel only.
- Receiver can be recharged using Figure-8 cable supplying 110-250VAC
For full specifications and more information, please download the datasheet for this product.